What :: 4 weeks of sexy and sanguine soulwork prompts, challenges and explorations
Why :: Confidence is freaking HOT.
When :: November 24th – December 22nd
Your rogue ecstasy, your story of fantasy, your beautiful spaces?
Have you embraced the romance of waking up in your skin?
Can you feel the sensuality inside of grey, the rawness of an orange sky, the taste of a kiss full of red wine?
Do you reflect your light in others and draw their curiosity of pleasure into you?
Have you ripened? Have you ripened?
In a past life/future life have you stood in the blossoming of your sexuality with your senses exploding, in the gift of feeling?
And from that self that was or will be can you feel her guiding you?
Are you sexy and sanguine?
Do you feel belly passion?
Can you close your eyes and paint your beauty by numbers?
Is there a knowing in your toes, your ears, your breasts that each piece of you is loved and sacred and on the journey towards whole?
Is there a candle waiting to be lit that is celebrating you, celebrating her, celebrating this gorgeous life that you have claimed?
And where can you whisper ‘oh yes. oh yes. oh yes’?
Let me take you there. To the yes. To the roughness of your edges and the dance of your awakening.
Do you truly know her?
Sexy :: Stimulating. Erotic. Desirable. Appealing. Hot.
Sanguine :: Bloodred. Temperament of cheerfulness. Confidence.
When I was 22 I was out walking with a friend. I had long blonde hair, worked out often, was a champion dieter, known for really good skin and living in Seattle pursuing acting, 2 years away from marriage. My friend said to me, “Whenever we are out I just watch men look at you, turn their heads.”
2 days later I went to a Salon and cut off all my hair. Not in the cute or sexy-declaration-of-myself-as-a-woman way, in the I-don’t-want-to-be-seen way.
It terrified me. My sexual self, at 22, she scared me. I wanted to hide from her. While many 22 year olds were out exploring their sexuality and beauty I found myself wanting to stuff it into a little box and find a hiding place for it. Part of my dieting history had so much to do with not wanting to be seen.
I was terrified of myself. Of my skin. Of my beauty. Of my yes.
This may not have been your 22 year old story. It may have happened after your marriage vows. Or when your first baby made her appearance. Maybe it was a story of a younger age or the fear of turning 50. Or maybe your sexual confidence just slowly faded as the role of young woman turned into wife, mother, worker, nurturer, tender, multi-tasker.
Confidence is alluring, hot, sexy.
Each year many of us choose a guiding word or phrase that will be the feeling we want to draw into our experiences, and it is a powerful practice. When I created this course last year my guiding phrase was gracefully sexy. All to lead me further into hot confidence.
Confidence is gracefully sexy. Managing finances is gracefully sexy. Feeling delicious in your skin is gracefully sexy. Creating healthy boundaries is gracefully sexy.
Sexy and Sanguine Woman know…
- boundaries are beautiful.
- dreams come true from feelings.
- closets are sanctuaries.
- the shade of lipstick that lights them up, or the perfect lipgloss to plump.
- just when breakfast is for dinner and that bubbly can happen anytime, anywhere.
- the part of their body they always hated can actually guide their pleasure.
- how to hold a gaze.
- how to receive. Really.
- how to stand in front of a mirror naked.
- to kiss and say hello before listing off complaints.
- beauty is in the details.
- how to hold space.
- feeling sexy is inside and out.
- that iterative living is gorgeous.
- how to take risks.
- saying yes is a turn on, after learning to say no.
- that listening changes everything.
- how to follow their animal spirit guide or tarot card into sacred space.
- that hot confidence is a practice.
- how to walk into a room and really see.
- how to ask the questions that flip it all around.
- that hot confidence is fierce magic.
- that an awakening is non-negotiable.
What you’ll need for this course…
- A camera, iphone is great
- Some apps for your picture editing which I’ll share with you at start
- A journal to poem and vision in, I love Moleskines
- Some white space, clear the calendar a bit for some sexy and sanguine prompts
- A hot date, with yourself, with a girlfriend or many, with your lover… in celebration
How it will work…
- One prompt a day for 28 days alternating between photo prompts and soulwork prompts
- Guest Photographers sharing some of their tips for taking gorgeously hot photos of ourselves, filters and angles and light and focus :: Lisa Field-Elliot, Kelly Beck Bennett, Catherine Just, Stacy de la Rosa, Danielle Cohen, Misty Pittman
- A FB group where we will gather and share our photos and our soulwork
- An instagram hashtag for online sharing, though those photos will be the more cropped versions
- 4 weeks of learning to feel incredibly sexy in our skin
I created this course last year because I had gained about 25 pounds and was so uncomfortable in my own skin. What I knew was that I had to find myself inside of this discomfort and pain I was carrying. I knew somewhere deep in my gut that I wouldn’t be able to move through to even find the pain or source of the holding onto weight until I could look at myself deeply in the eyes and forgive all the years of feeling so wrong, so damaged, so not beautiful.
My practice of taking selfies clothed or naked became my most treasured practice towards finding a compassion for my skin, my spirit, my confidence that was simmering under the surface.
I look at who I am now after a year of this sexy and sanguine guiding soulwork and I am blown away. I have lost 15 pounds through total self adoration. I feel gorgeous in my skin. I take my really bad days and I flip them around by getting infront of my camera.
I made some huge life shifting decisions in this last year that took me from an edge of pain and unknowing into joy and movement.
It was never about the weight but it was about the feeling of stuck, of never being good enough in this body I was given.
I learned to spend time with my belly, the part of my body that gave me the most angst, torture that I had carried since childhood. I photographed my belly, spent time adoring it and let myself lead my sexuality with this part of me that for so long had been hidden as though it was what made me unworthy of love.
I look at the pictures of me now I can’t believe I am the same woman. I feel like I have grown new skin. Every part of my cells seem to have changed into something lighter and filled with compassion and adoration for my own eyes.
My invitation to you is to come along for 4 weeks but to know that this journey will last into your year of 2015. It will be the beginning of a practice into deep sexy and sanguine living.
I believe it will change your life. Looking at yourself through the lens, doing the soulwork prompts, letting other women adore you and see you, you will not leave the same woman.
You will leave with your sexy and sanguine in your soul.